Reamaze offers two modes of engaging with customers on your website Real Time Messaging and Live Chat. Live Chat is available with an additional subscription charge to enable for your team. In general, Real Time Messaging is suitable for situations where your team serves customer inquiries asynchronously or via mobile apps. Live Chat is suitable when your team is dedicated to having a Live presence and provides options like Availability Hours.
Real Time Messaging
The first is about engaging customers in a real time but asynchronous manner (Real Time Messaging). This means you, as the business, can choose to engage with customers and their questions in real time if you have the time to do so and want to. However, there is no expectation that the conversation requires both parties to be online at the same time with sub 20-second response times.
- This method of engagement has a cadence similar to various social media platforms and other conversational platforms like SMS, iMessage, or Facebook Messenger.
- Reamaze will prompt the customer with an expected response time, based on historical availability.
- When your customer leaves a message, your team will receive notifications via Reamaze, email, or our mobile apps.
- However, when both you and the customer are online at the same time, the conversation can happen fluidly in real time. If one of you needs to go somewhere, the conversation continues with notifications about on-going messages. There isn't a specific "End" to the conversation.
- Reamaze will indicate to your customers which messages have been "Sent" and which have been "Viewed", so they have insight to your availability.
- Each message is also sent as an email response to the customer so they can leave the website and continue the conversation over email.
The second is about engaging customers in a real time but completely synchronized manner (Live Chat). This means you, as the businesses, must finish a real time conversation with customers once the conversation has started. There is a set expectation that a staff agent will serve the live chat within a reasonable amount of time (usually 20 seconds to 1 minute) and requires both parties to be online at the same time. Live Chat is only available when members of your team are logged into Reamaze via a desktop browser.
- This method of engagement is perfect when you, as the business want to set the expectation with the customer that there is an agent guaranteed to serve the conversation immediately.
- Reamaze provides each of your staff users with the ability to set Availability Hours. Live Chat is enabled when your any of your staff is Online via Reamaze and marked as Available.
- There is a constant "live" and "real time" connection between the staff agent and the customer. If either the customer goes offline or idles for too long, the live chat is ended and there can be no further messages posted to that live chat session.
- Chats can be Ended by either side when the conversation should be finished.
- You have the option of converting the Live Chat session into a normal conversation, to continue as Real Time Messaging or Email.